There are many alternatives today when you consider storage facilities. Whether you choose an indoor or outdoor facility, they look very similar from the exterior and serve a similar function. To ensure your customers are happy with your facilities, it’s important to create a secure and functional space, and these storage facility renovation tips can help.
A storage facility is no different than any other commercial property when it comes to first impressions. Tenants of storage facilities are generally using them to store their surplus furniture and items, and they want and need them to be secure. If you want your customers to feel that your business is reliable, reputable, and secure, then you need to design your building, service desk, and offices to reflect those ideals. A fresh coat of paint, some new flooring, and an updated customer service desk are just a few of the renovation options to consider, but they’ll go a long way towards making customers feel like they’ve chosen the right storage facility.
It goes without saying that the most important thing to consider during your storage facility renovation is the doors on the storage lockers. It’s natural for some dents and dings to build up over time as your customers move their items in and out, but if the doors at your facility are rusting and wearing down, it’s time to change them. The doors on the storage lockers should also move along the tracks easily, as people don’t want to fight to open them every time they visit. Rusted doors are less secure, and they will give your customers the impression that you don’t care about them. After all, if you can’t maintain your property, why would you care about theirs?
A storage facility is only as good as its security measures, and although the doors on the units are important as we noted, they should be the last line of defence not the first. When people are deciding which storage facility to trust with their belongings, the decision often comes down to which one is the most secure. If the units are outdoors, you’ll want to put replacing the gate and fence at the top of your storage facility renovation list, but there are many other things to consider as well. If the units are indoors, the corridors and storage locker areas should only be accessible to tenants and not the public.
Thinking about giving your storage facility a much-needed renovation? Mirodan can help!
Why We Are a Trusted Full-Service Contractor
1) We do projects for clients from start to finish! Our team handles everything from the initial drawings and permits, to the design and construction of your build, making the process straightforward and manageable!
2) We have completed custom residential, commercial, and industrial projects all across Canada.
3) We are proud to offer a 100% guarantee on all of our work. We always work hand in hand with our clients to ensure they get exactly what they want out of their project.
4) We strive to always be on budget and on time! We believe in full transparency with our clients through careful scheduling, planning, and communicating about the process and their needs!
5) We take control of project management from the start! If you have a complex job, but are without drawings and need a quote, we have you covered!
Mirodan Contracting has been servicing the construction needs of the Greater Toronto Area and beyond for 20 years. Our expert team has the skills and experience to complete any project in any industry.